Saturday, June 19, 2010

Healthy... maybe a little?

Here is a quick update on my day one...

So lunch I had a turkey/ham/fat free cheese sandwhich on some yummy whole grain bread with olive oil mayo and spicy mustard. Water!!
I sat outside in the hot while my kiddos swam, chugging my water, and sweating off what felt like ten pounds!
I came home, with a really bad headache (due to LACK of caffeine!!) and some bad shin splints!! I decided to take it easy, and rest. I just felt really bad. SO the resistance bands will wait until Monday. Justin and I went to eat at Chili's, and I had a grilled chicken sandwhich on a wheat bun; it had lettuce and tomato and some honey mustard on it. I ended up with half the bun or maybe 3/4 of the bun on the plate, because the bun was ten times bigger than the chicken lol. I ate about ten of my french fries, and had a margarita. We had a great night, but we always do. Justin is such an encouragement to me! We were talking about my ultimate goal of running a full marathon, and he was excited for me. He said "If you get to the point of running 26 miles, I will run a little too." So we'll see!

Today--Saturday--I woke up in PAIN! My shins are killing me. I talked to my personal doctor (Amy!! :D ) and she sent me a video of some exercises to do to strengthen those front muscles. She told me that shin splints are often a result of weak muscles in the front of your lower leg, or sometimes from overstepping as you run. Here is a great website I found that explains causes of and treatment of "shin splints" http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_5/196.shtml So, today my legs get a needed rest. I am planning on doing some arms/upper body today. Still have a headache today, so I gave in and drank some Milo's tea. I ate a whole grain lean pocket, and had a chocolate chip cookie :D

I am supposed to go to the movies tonight with Justin, and we'll probably go eat too. I usually do pretty good when we eat out, and I'm not big on buying candy or drinks at the movies so no problem there. I wish it was prettier outside or I had a treadmill, and I'd go walk with my wrist weights. Probably better that I don't do anything with my legs lol.

So far, I'm doing ok. Just sore shins! That's all for now friends... be healthy-body mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment